For your convenience we are now offering One Medical Passport for pre-registration. Registration is designed to be quick and easy and completing the form should take you 10-15 minutes. You will be asked about your health history as well as to provide demographic and insurance information.
If you have not received a call by 3:00 p.m. the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 301-424-6901 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delays or cancellations.
COVID 19 Vaccination Policy
If fully vaccinated you must bring your vaccination card. Vaccination proof must be a vaccination done in the USA not out of the country. If you are receiving an anesthesia for your procedure you are required to provide proof of a negative COVID 19 test with in 72 hours of your procedure.
Food and Drink
- No solid food including gum and mints after 12 midnight the night before surgery.
- Patients may have clear liquids up to 3 hours before their surgery time. Examples of this are black coffee, water, apple juice or Gatorade.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/vaping/tobacco/marijuana after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Acrylic/Gel Nails, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- If you are taking blood thinners such as Coumadin, Eliquis, Pradaxa, Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Advil or Vitamin E please speak with your physician to receive instructions about these medications to prepare for surgery.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Bring any rescue inhalers with you
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must have a responsible adult (over 18), present during check-in, during your surgery, and at discharge, who will need to drive you home. You may not take a taxi or other public transportation post-anesthesia.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 301-424-6901 as soon as possible.